Maybe you have a special place in mind that you'd like to go for your engagement shoot. Or maybe you aren't too particular but still would appreciate a beautiful spot without the stress of trying to search for one. Scroll down to see some images from past engagement sessions - and find some inspo for your own.
the villa - milwaukee
featured couple - taryn + michael
- reservation + permit fee required
- offers beautiful covered areas so we can shoot rain or shine
- combines nature + architecture all in one location
lake park - milwaukee
featured couple - tara + zach
- no permit or reservation needed
- paved walkways makes moving around the park easier
- photographs beautifully spring through late fall
- bonus location - a little known spot on bradford beach is just down the hill
kohler andrae - sheboygan
featured couple - kristen + chris
- state park pass required to enter or pay for parking - less than $20
- beach, nature & boardwalk views
- typically not very crowded
- dogs allowed!
milwaukee - downtown, third ward, walker's point, lakefront
- no permits needed (in general)
- a city aesthetic is a great option when trees and florals aren't in bloom, it photographs well even in the winter or early spring
- with such a variety of great spots in milwaukee, many within a mile or two of each other, consider splitting your shoot into two locations to capture more variety without a long drive in between.
studio north - riverwest, milwaukee
featured couple - ari + jake
- complimentary upgrade to 75 minute engagement shoot
- rental fee starts at $80
- totally private & full of natural light. and it's weatherproof - no worries about rain since we will be inside!
- cozy seating, tons of room to move around, lots of windows
- the perfect setting for a minimalistic + editorial vibe
grant park - south milwaukee
featured couple - sarah + mike
- both lake + nature views, a great option if you want to shoot along the water and don't want the skyline in the background
- no permit needed
- rarely crowded
bars, restaurants or other public spaces
voyager in bayview
metropolitan brewing co. in chicago
stella in the westin hotel, MKE
finks in MKE
MKE public library atrium
- written permission required before shooting
- paparazzi aesthetic
- best for couples who are not camera shy or worried about an audience. full disclosure - everyone in the establishment will be looking at you so be sure you're OK with all eyes on you during the shoot. if you're introverted or nervous about being in front of the camera, this is likely not the best option for you. flash may not be allowed in certain establishments leaving us with less than ideal lighting situations.
even if none of these locations strike a chord with you, i hope you found some inspiration as you looked through the images. and if you're still feeling unsure, i'm more than happy to help you figure out a spot for your shoot!